Register Your Venue with British Putting
Any facility located in England, Scotland or Wales that has a grass or artificial putting green of a minimum size of 50 m2 can register with ‘British Putting’.
In return, all registered facilities receive the following benefits:
- The right to hold a putting competition, the winners of which (in multiple age-group categories) will be eligible to participate in the British Open Putting Championship and will be invited through to the next stage of this Championship, which in most cases would be a County Final.
- The right to apply to stage the County Final for the British Open Putting Championship.
- The right to hold a putting competition, the winners of which (in multiple age-group categories) will be eligible to participate in the other putting competitions which will be organised by British Putting, including (but not limited to):
- The Scottish Open Putting Championship
- The Welsh Open Putting Championship
- The Northern Open Putting Championship
- The Midland Open Putting Championship
- The Southern Open Putting Championship
- The right to promote any putting competitions held at their venue through the British Putting website (British Putting recommend staging a monthly ‘open’ putting competition), provided entry is open to participants who may not be members of their facility.
- The ability to purchase co-branded marketing collateral including event posters; banners; flags; scorecards; hole cups and flagsticks.
- All registered facilities will receive a monthly e-newsletter, in which British Putting will provide hints and tips in the organising of putting competitions, case studies of successful putting programmes being run by other facilities registered with British Putting and updates on the qualifying for the British Open Putting Championship.
If your facility is located outside of England, Scotland or Wales, please contact British Putting for details of a similar organisation in your country.
Terms & Conditions
- Registration Registration is easy. Just click on the relevant account button on our website and follow the on-screen instructions. You will be asked to provide your address and contact details and also complete the payment details.
- Accuracy You shall ensure that all account information you provide is true, accurate, current, and complete in all respects, and shall keep such information updated without undue delay.
- Log-In Details The username and password you select should be unique and kept secure, and you must notify us immediately of any suspected breach or unauthorised use of your account.
- Termination Any registration is accepted is at our sole discretion. We may at any time terminate your account with or without notice to you.
- Payment Method We accept payment by all major credit or debit cards and such other cards as may be stated on our website from time to time. Payment is charged to your card on the date indicated when you register.
- (a) any loss of profits or other losses relating to any business;
- (b) for any losses which were not foreseeable by us when the contract was made; or
- (c) for any losses which were not caused by any breach of the contract or any negligent or unlawful act or omission by us. We do not exclude or limit any liability which we may have to you: (a) for death or personal injury; (b) for loss or damage to property; (c) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (d) to refund any payments made by you under the contract.
- Use of our website You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes reasonably connected to the intended purposes of our website, and you must not use our website for or in connection with any unlawful or criminal activity. You must not seek to gain access unlawfully to our website or any underlying systems. You must not use our website to market or advertise any third party, including any third party products or services.
- Customer review and other interactive functionality We may offer comment and review facilities and other interactive functionality from time to time, enabling you and others to post content to our website. As we are sure you are aware, anything you post online is available for the world to see, and may be subject to moderation or deletion by us at any time without giving any reason or notice to you. You agree that you will be personally responsible for your use of all interactive functionality and for all of your communication and activity on our website. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our website. Please exercise discretion when communicating with others using our community functionality, and never make any assumptions about them. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- Your content You shall ensure that anything you post to our website (including text and pictures), whether as a customer review or through our other interactive functionality:
- reasonably relates solely to us and our services and is an expression of provable fact and not unsubstantiated opinion;
- is in accordance with any rules or acceptable use policies we may publish from time to time;
- is not posted in breach of any duty of confidentiality or in infringement of any rights of a third party;
- is not unlawful, defamatory, threatening, or an expression of prejudice based on race, sex or any other protected characteristic, and is not an incitement to hatred or violence
- is not detrimental to people, institutions, or religions or to people's privacy;
- is not capable of causing harm to minors or unwarranted distress to any person;
- is not detrimental to our trade marks or our website content;
- is not personal data of a third party;
- is not using our site to promote and advertise any business, product, service or other thing;
- does not advocate illegal activity or discuss illegal activities with the intent to commit them;
- is not vulgar, obscene, discourteous or indecent;
- is not software or a virus.
Any content you upload to our community functionality will be considered non-confidential. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy, or any breach of law.
- Licence of your content In relation to anything your post to our website (including text and pictures), whether through any community functionality or otherwise, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, transferrable licence, with the right to grant sub-licences, to use, copy, edit, distribute, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and do anything else whatsoever with that content, including (without limitation) publication and republication in any form, medium or technology (whether now known or later developed) in any part of the world and for any purpose. In particular, by posting a message or other content on our website (including sending in photos to any photo gallery), you understand that such content enters the public domain and therefore may be used by us for marketing and other purposes without any compensation required to be paid to you. You waive all moral rights (including to be identified as author) in relation to such content. You warrant that you have the right to grant the licence above, and that the exercise by us of that licence shall not infringe any copyright or other intellectual property rights in any part of the world.
PART TWO - SALES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1.1 When A Sales Contract Is Made For all services, a binding contract is formed when we send the e-mail confirming your registration has been accepted.
1.2 Cancellation Rights You will have the right to cancel your order up to 30 days after we send the e-mail confirming that your registration has been approved. For full details, please see clause 13.
1.3 Representation If you register as a putting venue or a putting coach, you must be over 18 years of age and you must ensure you have the appropriate authority to register for British Putting and make a financial commitment on behalf of your business to British Putting. British Putting accept no liability if an unauthorised individual, employee, sub-contractor or service provider registers as a putting venue or putting coach without authority.
1.4 Definitions In these sales terms:
(a) website means our website at www.britishputting.com as published at the time of your order;
(b) the contract is the contract which incorporates these sales terms;
(c) the contract terms are the terms as listed in clause 9 below;
(d) the order is your order for the purchase of any services submitted to us, which incorporated these sales terms, or resulted in the contract, including any order through our website, via email or by telephone;
(e) the price means the price of the products as stated in the order specific terms;
(f) the services mean the services ordered by you as set out in the registration process;
(g) you and your means the person who submitted the registration, or who is purchasing from us under the contract to which these sales terms apply;
(h) we, us, our and British Putting means World Putting Limited;
(i) and working or business day means Monday to Friday, except bank or other public holidays.
2. HOW THE CONTRACT IS MADE
2.1 Your Registration Your registration with us is your legal offer to purchase the services on the contract terms, subject to our acceptance.
2.2 Withdrawing Your Registration You are entitled to withdraw your registration at any time up to moment that we accept it and it becomes a binding contract. After it has become a binding contract you can only cancel it in accordance with your cancellation rights under clause 7 of these sales terms and conditions, or in accordance with your legal rights if we are in breach of the contract.
2.3 Acknowledgement Of Your Registration Once you have made your choice and your registration has been submitted, you will receive an email acknowledging the details of your registration and asking you to complete the registration process. This email does not amount to acceptance of your registration, or create a binding contract unless expressly stated in it by us.
2.4 Approval Of Your Registration Approval of your registration will occur and a binding contract for the sale and purchase of the services described on our website will be formed between you and us when we send you a second email confirming that your registration has been approved. 2.5 Declining Your Registration If we decline your registration for any reason, we will normally e-mail or telephone you to inform you, and give you our reasons. We may decline your registration before we have approved it for any reason at our sole discretion.
3. SALE AND PURCHASE
On approval of your registration, we agree to sell to you and you agree to purchase from us the services specified in the contract terms.
Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 it is an implied term in the contract that the services will correspond to their description. The description is essentially as set out in our website at the time of order, but there may be minor variations in specification between the services described and the services received.
5. CHARGES AND VAT
You agree to pay the price and any other charges stated in the registration details. You are obliged also to pay VAT on all charges, at the same time as the charges. If you are a consumer all stated charges are inclusive of VAT; and if you are a business, all charges are stated exclusive of VAT.
6. PAYMENT TERMS
6.1 Payment With Registration Payment of the price for the services must be made by completing the payment details section of the registration process with a valid credit or debit card, or any other form of payment stated therein.
6.2 Payment Currency You must pay in the currency in which the price and any other charges are stated by us.
6.3 Payment Methods We accept payment by such cards and other methods as may be stated on our website from time to time.
6.4 Credit Accounts - Businesses If you have a credit account with us, and your indebtedness to us at the time of your registration is less than any applicable credit limit specified by us from time to time or agreed with you from time to time, then your payment will be due within 30 days after the date of our invoice, and you agree to pay such amounts within the period specified.
6.5 No Set-off - Businesses You must make all payments in full without set-off, deduction, counter-claim, or withholding.
6.6 Interest - Businesses If you fail to pay any amount on time, then we shall have the rights set out in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (as amended or replaced). If that act does not apply, then we may charge you, and you shall pay on demand, daily interest on the overdue amount such interest to run from the date when you should have paid it until the date you actually pay it (both before and after we obtain any court judgement) at the per-annum rate of 8% over the Bank of England base rate from time to time.
7. CANCELLATION RIGHTS
7.1 Introduction Where you are a consumer, then you have the right to cancel the registration for any services without giving any reason, under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Payments) Regulations 2013 (the "Cancellation Regulations"), on and subject to the terms detailed below. This right is in addition to your statutory rights for faulty or mis-described services. If you are a business then we also give you a right to cancel the registration for any services without giving any reason in accordance with the terms detailed below.
7.2 Cancellation Deadline You may exercise your right to cancel at any time up to the time stated below (the "cancellation deadline"). The cancellation deadline is 30 days after your registration for services has been approved by us. For consumers, the Cancellation Regulations in fact allow you only 14 days, but we agree to extend this to 30 days as an additional benefit to you.
7.3 How To Exercise Your Right To Cancel
7.3.1 Informing us To exercise you right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision by a clear statement to us. If you are a business customer, that statement must be in writing.
7.3.2 When you must inform us If you are a consumer, it is sufficient to meet the cancellation deadline if you send your statement before the cancellation deadline, even if we do not receive it until after the cancellation deadline. If you are a business, we must receive your statement before the end of the cancellation deadline.
7.3.3 Methods of informing us You can exercise your right to cancel in any manner you decide, but we would prefer one of the following: by e-mailing us, telephoning us, or contacting us using any details on our website at www.britishputting.com; or writing to us at Polmood, Sissinghurst, Kent TN17 2AJ, quoting your full name and address as you submitted in the registration process.
7.4 Services Contracts If any services are being purchased under the contract, then you confirm that you request the services begin before the end of the cancellation deadline, and you agree that if you subsequently cancel, you shall pay us an amount for such services which is in proportion to what services have been performed until you cancelled, in comparison with the full coverage of the contract. You agree to pay such amount on demand, and you agree that that we may deduct such amount from any refund which we are obliged to make to you.
7.5 Refund 7.5.1 Amount of Refund
(a) Consumers If you are a consumer and you cancel this contract in respect of a service, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you under the contract with respect to such service, including the price and any other charges.
(b) Businesses If you are a business consumer and you cancel this contract in respect of a service, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you under the contract with respect to such service, but not any VAT paid by you.
(c) Deductions from refund We may deduct from your refund the amounts detailed in this clause
8.1 Assignment By British Putting We shall be entitled to assign the benefit of the contract and any debts under the contract.
8.2 Assignment By Consumers If you are a consumer, and, after you have paid for the services, you may not transfer the benefit of the contract or any rights under it to anyone else without our prior written consent, and you may not transfer your cancellation right detailed in clause
8.3 Assignment By A Business If you are a business, you may not assign, transfer, charge, or declare a trust over the benefit of the contract or any rights under it to anyone else without our prior written consent.
9.1 Entire Agreement The contract terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us for the sale and purchase of the services. No other communications or representations between you and us, whether written or oral, shall bind us, and you acknowledge that you have not relied on any representations from us in entering into the contract which do not form part of the contract documents. Any variation or alteration to the contract terms shall only be binding upon us if made in writing and signed by a director of British Putting. No employee, other than a company director, has authority to change the terms of the contract.
9.2 Third Party Rights The contract shall not benefit or be enforceable by any person other than you and us.
9.3 Sub-contracting We may sub-contract our obligations under the contract.
9.4 Invalid Terms Each of the terms of the contract is separate and severable, and if any term is held to be void or invalid, it shall be severed, and the remaining terms shall continue in full force.
9.5 Waivers We may on occasion, at our sole and absolute discretion, decide not to exercise or wait before exercising our rights. If we do so, we shall still be entitled to insist on the strict terms of the contract later on. 9.6 Costs of Claims If you are a business, you shall pay all our legal costs (on a full indemnity basis) and other fees, costs and expenses incurred in enforcing and recovering any payment due from you under this contract, and in recovering any products which you are obliged to return to us. 9.7 Law and Jurisdiction The contract and all non-contractual obligations arising out of it shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. You agree to exclusively bring any claims against us relating to this website or any non-contractual obligations arising out of it in the courts of England and Wales.